2015 National Cohousing Conference
May 29-31, 2015
Durham, North Carolina
The cohousing event of the year, sponsored by the National Cohousing Association of the United States. This year’s theme is Cohousing: The Next Generation. The conference offers an unprecedented opportunity for architects, developers, building experts, planners, supportive community members, to-be cohousers and current cohousing residents to network and share experiences. Workshops will cover basics, opportunities for growth, discussions on sustainability, celebration of the cohousing experience and much more.
Per its theme, the conference will highlight:
- the now-adult, children of cohousing
- the next wave of urban, rural and senior cohousing
- emerging trends in financing, design and community models
- the evolving definition of cohousing
- cohousing as a model for other types of communities popping up nationally
- established communities celebrating 20+ years
CoHousing Partner’s President Katie McCamant will be leading a free presentation on “The History of Cohousing in North America” Thursday night. No set level of knowledge is required to attend the conference, you simply need the excitement to learn!
As the website says, “this is the place to learn from the whole spectrum of experience and meet the movers and shakers in the movement.” Learn more about the event, presentation and sponsorship/volunteer opportunities on the website.